Procedure for the Competitive Advantage Finder approach
- You first go into your strengths compared to the competition. After that, turn to the opportunities that might present themselves to you in the market.
- You then consider how you can use an existing strength to realize an opportunity. This brings you closer to a competitive advantage.
Description Competitive Advantage Finder
This is a ConWISE consulting method that is derived from the SWOT analysis. The approach focuses on the one hand on the strengths of the company and on the other hand on the opportunities in the environment. This is how you find out possible competitive advantages over your competitors or a peer group.
The approach was developed by Christian Arentzen ( ConWISE GmbH )
This method is part of strategic management and is quick and easy to work with.
Who benefits from the Competitive Advantage Finder?
- Product manager
- You get an overview of the external influences by using the PESTEL method. This approach includes political, economic, social, technological, environmental and legal factors.
- You can invite colleagues and experts outside of the current team setup to review or supplement your findings.
- Additional methods are the pros and cons of argumentation or the Six Thinking Hats method.
Limits of Application
Since the method focuses on the existing strengths, the competitive advantages are only derived from the current situation. Changes in the near future are not taken into account.